These bible verses were hand-picked to help you fight anxiety. As someone who suffers from anxiety, I know that these verses are only a small step in your journey towards healing.
None of us chose to be anxious or worried. We all try our best to surrender our fears, pains and struggles to God.
Some find it easier to overcome worry than others. You may have faith the size of a mustard seed and still suffer from anxiety. Anxiety is not a sign or symptom of a lack of faith.
My Personal Struggle with Anxiety
I’ll be the first to admit I’ve experienced a lot of anxiety attacks. I could not tell you the trigger or cause for most of them. It always seem to escalate so quickly.
It’s amazing how you can go from enjoying the warm trickle of water on your body during a shower. To feeling as though your going to pass out. Completely overwhelmed by the feelings seemingly flooding my body at once.
I grabbed my towel and hopped out of the shower. Just in the nick of time. I collapsed on my bed. It
was like a ton of bricks had hit me all at once. I felt of dizzy, nauseous, out of breathe, and exhausted.
The first time it happened I was convinced I was dying. It became a normal occurrence. After a while I just began to accept this was going to be life as I knew it.
If you enjoy this post, you may find these bible study blog post helpful when it comes to maintaining your mental health.
Everyday was like a game of Russian roulette. I never knew what to expect. Like most people I suffered in silence out of fear of judgement.
My battle with anxiety attacks went on for years. At my lowest point, I realized that I couldn’t treat my anxiety attacks with wine. I decided I had to find a way to manage my stress.
So I began to bible journal. Writing became a form of therapy for me. Reading the Bible gave me a sense of security that I needed.
God saved my life again. I pray God saves yours. With these 10 bible verses that help me conquer my anxiety.
10 Bible Verses to Fight Anxiety and Worry
- But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40:31 ESV
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
- The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. – Psalm 9:9 ESV
- When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. – Psalm 34:17 ESV
- Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. – Psalm 55:22 ESV
- Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-30 ESV
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. – Matthew 6:34 ESV
And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, – Matthew 6:27-28 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7 ESV
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. – 2 Timothy 1:7 ESV
If you are like me and still need a daily reminder that you can carry with you. Then order your Conquer Anxiety scripture and prayer card set now.
Download your printable bible verses to conquer anxiety and worry now!
I hope that this post has encouraged you to bible study, because you don’t need to be an expert! These are my favorite bible study resources for beginners! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (meaning if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you anything)! Thank you so much for your support as this helps me afford the expenses of my online ministry. Click here to read my disclosure policy.
- Study Bible, I prefer the English Standard Version
- Pew Bible, I like to keep it simple since I don’t take notes in my bible
- Faith Journal, my go to for bible study, prayer, and all things faith related
- War Room Movie, this movie is so inspirational definitely a must see movie
- Kingdom Woman, a great foundation book for woman that is bible based.
- Fervent a great book for understanding the importance of prayer in every aspect of life.