I have been reading Exodus for a while now -let’s just say it’s taking me longer than I’d like to admit. I’m still struggling to balance it all.
Anyways while reading Exodus I came across a verse that confused me. Honestly it seemed rather out of place. I found myself rereading the verse over and over out of fear that I missed something. There was simply no lead up to it.
At a lodging place on the way the Lord met him and sought to put him to death.Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son’s foreskin and touched Moses’ feet with it and said, “Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me!”So he let him alone. It was then that she said, “A bridegroom of blood,” because of the circumcision. – Exodus 4:24-26 ESV
I was lost. What had made God so angry so fast. Well after reading it in several different versions I realized what angered God.
Moses had failed to fulfill his end of his covenant with God. Although God wanted to use Moses to save the people of Israel. He wasn’t going to do so without the covenant being met.
Zipporah being a Godly wife she recognized that she could intervene and save her husband life. Because she knew the word. Zipporah stepped out on faith and circumcised her son to save Moses life.
How to be a Godly Wife what I’ve learned from Zipporah
- As a wife, you have the power to save your husbands life.
- You maybe physically smaller than your husband. Spiritual strength and power is just as important – if not more important than physical strength.
- Let God’s word be the instruction manual for your lives.
- Don’t be afraid to step out on faith on your husbands’ behalf. Your prayers and spiritual action go a long way with God.
Never underestimate your value as his wife. You are his helpmate, he needs you.
Stand on God’s word and don’t be afraid to step up like Zipporah.
Watch the Prayer for your Husband Full Video now!
If you enjoy this post, you may find these Marriage blog post helpful when it comes to using the bible as a instruction manual for marriage.
I hope that this post has encouraged you. Here are a few of my favorite bible study resources. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (meaning if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you anything)! Thank you so much for your support as this helps me afford the expenses of my online ministry, read my disclosure policy.
- War Room Movie, this movie is so inspirational definitely a must see movie
- Kingdom Woman, a great foundation book for woman that is bible based.
- Fervent a great book for understanding the importance of prayer in every aspect of life.
- Faith Journal, my go to for bible study, prayer, and all things faith related
- If you enjoy listening instead of reading, you may want to consider trying Audible. It is a great way to listen to books, if you use my link you get 2 free audiobooks when you sign up for the 30 day free trial.
Love this post, Pin it!