I recently was filled with the overwhelming desire to upgrade my bible. I just wanted to pretty it up. I considering switching bibles several months ago but honestly I really attached to my current bible.
Being able to see those highlighted pages and markings just brings me so much joy. So I knew that if I was going to do anything that it was going to be a upgrade.
I considered purchasing a set but to be honest I was not impressed with the pricing, quality, and options out there. So as per usual, I went on a search. Trying to figure out how I should apply them, what kind of paper to use, and if I would have to create them myself.
Fortunately I found that there are some amazing women of Christ out there who are sharing there bible tab downloads for free. So I downloaded them all.
If you enjoy this post, you may find these bible study blog posts helpful when it comes to bible study for beginners.
And then I remembered that I already had sticker paper from my planner sticker days. So I decided to print them on sticker paper.
I went down to my local UPS store and had it printed on my paper. I’m thankful to the woman who helped me although she said they don’t usually print on other people paper especially if its not laser paper. But she had another printer in the back. So she gave it a try.
They came out great. In hindsight I should have just went and bought an inexpensive printer. Which I ended up doing recently anyways. But none the less I got my bible tabs printed so I’m happy.
If you have not already, you may want to consider trying Audible. This is a great way to listen to your books – including the ESV Study Bible – without having to read page by page. If you use my link you get 2 free audiobooks when you sign up for the 30 day free trial.
Grab your floral bible tabs stickers from my Etsy shop now!
Even though it took me about 3 hours if not longer to cut them all out and apply them to my bible. I made my own guideline by simply placing the tabs where I thought they looked best. Then I marked my paper accordingly.
I love how my my bible turned out and it only cost me about $2.
How to make your own Bible Tabs
Tools I Use
- ESV Pew Bible from Amazon (this is the one I use)
- Scissors or tab punch
- Sticker Paper (click here to buy this exact paper)
- Bible Tab Printable
Free Bible Tab Printable
- Floral and Watercolor Bible Tabs by Bible Journal Crafts Youtube Channel (this is the printable I used)
- Bible Tabs with cut files for Sihoulette and Circut by Splendid Actually
- Bible Tabs by Victoria Thatcher
- Bible Tabs one sided by Garment of Splendor
- Decide on the paper you will be printing on. Whether you use card stock, copy paper, or sticker paper. Just remember if you don’t use sticker paper you will need to purchase some type of adhesive – like washi tape, double stick tape, or glue stick.
- Now that you’ve decide on your paper you need to print your bible tabs. I am so grateful for these women of Christ who decided to share these downloads for free.
- Cut out your tabs, this part takes a lot of time if your use scissors but it works.
- Fold each tab in half.
- Using a blank sheet of copy paper create a diy tab guideline. By simply grabbing a few tabs and align them on one of your bible page. Once you are satisfied with how it looks, mark the placement of each tab on your sheet of copy paper.
- Using your diy guideline you are going to begin to go chapter by chapter adhering to your bible tab. Using the adhesive of your choice apply your bible tab!
Before you go I wanted to share a few more ideas that you can add to brighten your bible. If you feeling underwhelmed and need a bit of inspiration. Here are a few ways to index your favorite verse or bookmark the section you read.
8 Bible Journaling Hacks
Tassled Tag Bookmark by Pitter and Glink
Love this post, Pin it!