Today I wanted to share 10 bible verses about judgement will help you stop judging others. Because someone can be different from you and still provide value.
Have you ever looked at something and immediately thought this looks shady? No way this is legit. No way this business or person is successful.
If you enjoy this post, you may find these bible study blog posts helpful when it comes to finding strength in Christ.
10 Bible verses about Judgement
- I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak. Matthew 12:36 ESV
- “Crucify, crucify him!” A third time he said to them, “Why? What evil has he done? I have found in him no guilt deserving death. I will therefore punish and release him.” But they were urgent, demanding with loud cries that he should be crucified. And their voices prevailed. So Pilate decided that their demand should be granted. Luke 23:21-24 ESV
- “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. John 3:18 NLT
- For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. John 5:21-23 ESV
- Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. John 8:16 ESV
- And after she was baptized, and her household as well, she urged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” And she prevailed upon us. Acts 16:15 ESV
- Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God? Romans 2:3 ESV
- And the free gift is not like the result of that one man’s sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. Romans 5:16 ESV
- I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10 ESV
- Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. 6And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day. Jude 1:5-6 ESV
I found myself thinking exactly that about someone I had seen on social media. In the same breath the Holy Spirit spoke truth to me.
Don’t try to discredit someone because they don’t look like you. Or don’t run their business like you do.
Don’t judge a book by its cover.
Quiet as it’s kept, I’m not where I want to be in my business. So how dare I look down on someone else and decide I know the status of their business. Or decide they are not qualified to serve the purpose God chose them to base on a photo.
God is still working on me y’all. But I am so thankful for the correction and steering of the Holy Spirit and truth of the word.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.2 Timothy 3:16
People don’t have to be like you, do things like you, or speak like you.
Someone can be different from you and still…
- Provide value
- Teach you a lesson
- Speak life over you
- Uplift you
- Help you follow your God given destiny
Bible Study Resources
I hope that this post has encouraged you to bible study because you don’t need to be an expert!
- Bible, The Jesus Bible Leathersoft
- Gel Bible Highlighters Assorted Colors
- Study Bible, The ESV Study Bible
Be sure to share this post on 10 bible verses about judgement with a friend on Pinterest!