Relationship take work this includes friendship. Today I wanted to share 10 encouraging bible verses for friends in need.
One of my current goals is to be more intentional about my friendship. You may not know this, but I don’t have very many close friends.
Overall, making friends is often easy to do but maintaining relationships takes work.
Particularly, if you think about the friends you had prior to the pandemic when you were at school or work every day. When you see someone regularly it is easy to build a relationship.
But remove that regularly appointed meet up and now you have to figure out when they can meet up for lunch, coffee, or whatever suits your fancy.
Reminding yourself to check in with them and see how they are doing. How are they’re family doing? What they need support with?
Sometimes they may need a lending ear, encouraging work, or even a laugh. Today’s blog post if for the friend who needs an encouraging word.
I try not to be too preachy but when the opportunity presents itself to share the word of God, I say go for it. Sometimes it’s a quick verse of encouragement.
Encouraging Bible Verses for Friends
- “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
- “For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.” Deuteronomy 20:4
- “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- “He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.” Isaiah 40:29
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1
- “Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!” Psalm 31:24
- “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
- “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
Also, here are 10 Christian songs to listen to for Encouragement.
Maybe even a card in the mail to share a handwritten note.
If they are really going through a trying time or if I feel led by the spirit to do so. I may share several verses of encouragement by sending a set of bible verse cards that they can meditate on regularly.