Finding encouraging scriptures when you are overwhelmed can be difficult. You may not know that your overwhelmed.
Let alone know what to look for to help you to overcome that feeling. Believe me I totally understand.
Recently I found myself getting so emotional. Which is not like me and pushed me out of my comfort zone.
I’m not a therapist but emotional overload was a result of being overwhelmed.
Change can Overwhelm You
Sometimes change can be enough to overwhelm you. Change is not always a bad thing. But it is not easy for us to adapt to a changing environment.
Even if it is for our good.
Currently I am adapting to our changing schedule. Our little one is now in extracurricular. I have had to adapt.
If that wasn’t enough. God has been blessing our Christian Stationery shop with more orders. In other words, I have been left to figure out how to manage the increase in orders while still working full time, being a wife, mother, and managing our household.
Prayer, leaning on a scripture, and asking the Holy Spirit for guidance helped me to begin to reset.
God gave us resources to help manage all the things he has blessed us with. Let me tell you getting organized by using the Happy planner and Trello truly helped me overcome the feelings of being overwhelmed.
It may not be easy and the solution that worked for me may not work for you. However, stand on these scriptures when you are feeling overwhelmed.
10 Encouraging Scripture for When Your Overwhelmed
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Psalm 23:1-3
- I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4
- And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
- I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:2
- No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5
- Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down; but a good word makes him glad. Proverbs 12:25
- The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
- Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16
- When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. Psalm 94:19
Believe me the Holy Spirit will help you craft a plan to overcome and juggle the changes that this life brings you.
Girl one this is for sure. Don’t give up. Push through when you feel yourself getting overwhelmed.
Question those feelings. Ask yourself what is triggering you to feel this way. Pray about it and if you need to cry. CRY
Because crying is ok too.
Give yourself the same grace and kindness you give others. Crying does not make you weak or broken.
Believe me you are growing. Growing is uncomfortable sometimes. But outside of your comfort zone is where your blessing lays.
Spend some quiet time alone with God, your thoughts, and these scriptures.
Therefore, if you enjoy this post, you may find these encouraging blog posts helpful when it comes to finding strength in Christ.