When I initially shared this post I had no clue so many of you would read it. If you have been here before you know this post is very short. That is primarily because it is simply a lead into my YouTube video which you can watch.
After a little bit of debate online I realize there are some differing opinions on where to start in the bible. So I feel the need to say this is my personal opinion – just like all the other blog post here are. So feel free to do what works best for you.
If you enjoy this post, you may find these Bible Study blog post helpful when it comes to reading the bible as a beginner:
- How to Bible Journal for Beginners
- Cherishing His Essence – Join the 90 day Challenge to get to know Christ
- How to Dig Deeper during Bible Study
I believe no matter where you are in your spiritual journey Matthews is relevant and timely. It is one of those books you will want to reread because you will learn something new each time you read it. The book of Matthews is one of those books that can be easily applied to your life today.
3 Reason I Recommend Reading Matthew
- Exemplifies the fundamental teachings of Christ.
- The dialogue is powerful.
- The parables are easy to understand even for beginners.
- Study Bible, I prefer the English Standard Version
- Pew Bible, I like to keep it simple since I don’t take notes in my bible
- Faith Journal, my go to for bible study, prayer, and all things faith related
- War Room Movie, this movie is so inspirational definitely a must see movie
- Kingdom Woman, a great foundation book for woman that is bible based.
- If you enjoy listening instead of reading, you may want to consider trying Audible. It is a great way to listen to books, if you use my link you get 2 free audiobooks when you sign up for the 30 day free trial.
Love this post, Pin it!