3 Ways to Master New Year’s Resolution

Let me be honest, I have never been a firm believer in New Year’s Resolutions. I don’t see the point in setting a goal just because of its a new year. Maybe it’s the stigma attached to New Year’s Resolutions that I have never liked, they usually are empty goals that bear no results.

Year after year without fail people set New Year’s Resolutions with no intention of doing anything with them. Let’s break the cycle of the ordinary resolution chain.

Over the last 3 months, I have consistently reached my goals. Instead of whining about all the time, I don’t have to get things done. I decided to just do it, one day at a time.

The biggest mistake I made in my goal setting was piling all my work up into one day. Boy did I dread that day? Then again, who would look forward to a day filled with work!

“Mindsets play strange tricks on us. We see things the way our minds have instructed our eyes to see.”- Muhammad Yunus

The biggest contribution to my change is MINDSET. I realized I want to have more tomorrow than I do today. The day that I decided to get excited about working towards my goals is the day everything changed for me.

The 4 W’s helped too, mainly because they enabled me to ditch the excuses and execute my plans accordingly. Finally, I began to lead the life I dreamed of and stepped into my God given destiny.

As a thank you for reading my blog, you can download your Habit Tracker now -no email required!

My habits of Focus (Habit=End Goal)

• Prayer=Positive Attitude
  • Affirmations=Staying focus on my goal (big picture)
  • Early Rising=Time Management

“Creativity is a habit, and the best creativity is the result of good work habits.” – TWYLA THARP

Instead of waiting until December to decide what your New Year Resolutions are or lack thereof. Let’s make a list of our goals and identify the habits necessary to achieve them. The key to successful goal setting is creating productive habits. So this time around tries using a habit tracker. I personally like Fabulous Motivate Me! it’s simple and perfect for creating a consistent morning routine for success.

3 Steps for a Successful New Year’s Resolution

1. 30 Day Challenge (Click photo to grab your free printable)
  2. Track each Habit
  3. Be consistent. Resist the urge to backtrack or take it easy.

Love this post, Pin it!

56 thoughts on “3 Ways to Master New Year’s Resolution

1. Chell Bee

Hi Kari,Creating realistic goals is really important to maintain your confidence and motivation. I hope your able to use these tips to take 2017 to the next level! Let me know how it goes!

2. Lay

This was a huge reminder of the work that goes into making your dreams happen. Thank you for sharing and for including an awesome printable. Hope it's okay if I share it to Pinterest.

3. Jennifer

I'm not very good with New Year's resolutions, either. I think your tip to track each habit is a very strong way to hold oneself accountable of a goal or goals he/she wants to accomplish.

4. Julie Mason

Goal setting as opposed to resolutions is really a fantastic perspective on how to look at the coming new year, or any time of year in general. You don't have to wait for January 1 to make goals.

5. Rebecca

Great post! I've never written down my resolutions. But I'm proud I've made some positive changes that have stuck over the past couple of years. I started to exercise although I have to get more intense about it and started tackling the clutter in my home. But I need to carve out time for some fun resolutions like writing.

6. Katrina Honer

I definitely was someone who never stuck it out with my New Years resolution. Taking the steps to actually track my goals using a planner has really helped me become more successful in reaching all my goals. I think more people need to be aware of that and your post is great reminder

7. Chell Bee

I have learned it's important to continuously read and listen to self-development. The consistency of staying enthralled in it, helps you to turn it into your reality even quicker.

8. Ashley J.

This is something I've been meant to read. Mindset, goal setting, and pushing through have been at the top of mind for me lately and any little bit of advice on the matter is huge! Thanks

9. Ivonne

I never make resolutions at New Years; they're always broken a few days into the new year. I like the idea of your printable and accountability – much more realistic!

10. Chell Bee

I actually talk about the challenge in the podcast. But basically choose a habit that can help you met one of your goals. For example, one of my goals is being positive. So one of the habits I am tracking is daily prayer. I hope that helps.

11. Tiffany

I'm not a fan of new years resolutions… with that said, I do annual planning but it's more a part of the grand scheme of things. I have learned that consistency is key to achieving your goals.

12. heidi

I love that. Yeah, I don't understand why we set unrealistic goals for ourselves either, they just make us feel bad. I live by the 3 goals a day theory.

13. Ritika

For me, tracking the habit is SO important! My goal was to get fit, I lost 23 pounds (so far), and I honestly think that tracking my exercise and eating habits was most essential to the process. It works wonders.